2017 FIELD OPERATIONS
FALL LEAF COLLECTION PROGRAM
Click Here for Leaf and Collection Program Flyer
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2017
6:00 – 7:30 PM
Click Here for Flyer
All North Haven Children, Preschool through Grade 5 are invited to attend the exciting
Halloween party: Sponsored by the North Haven Department of Community Services and Recreation. Please feel free to visit one or all of the fun activities that we have planned.
All children must be accompanied by an adult.
NOTICE of the WATER POLLUTION CONTROL AUTHORITY
Sewer Use Charge rates for the billing period
July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017 shall be:
- Type I $ 270.00
- Type II $ 540.00
- Type III $ 3.99/1,000 Gallons
These charges were filed with the Town Clerk on September 12, 2017. Due date of the sewer use charge is October 1, 2017 and is payable within thirty (30) days of said due date.
Type I and Type II must be paid in one installment. If, however, any Type III bill exceeds three hundred ($300.00) dollars, one-half (1/2) of such bill shall be due on October 1, 2017 and payable until November 1, 2017 without penalty and the remaining one-half (1/2) shall be due on April 1, 2018 and payable until May 1, 2018 without penalty.
Any appeals from such charges must be taken within twenty-one (21) days of such filing.
Richard A. Werner, Chairman
Water Pollution Control Authority
Connecticut Energy Assistance Program
The Connecticut Energy Assistance Program is a state and federally funded program which assists families in the New Haven region with fuel expenses for their primary source of heat. This program is designed to provide Energy Assistance to individuals and families who meet the federal poverty guidelines. Eligibility is determined based upon the total income and assets of the applicant's household.
Starting October 2nd, the Office of Community Services for the Town of North Haven welcomes North Haven residents to schedule their appointments to apply for 2017-2018 Connecticut Energy Assistance Program.
Beginning October 11, 2017, appointments will be available on Wednesdays (1-4pm) and Thursdays (9am-12pm) in the Community Services office, located in the Town Hall Annex Building, 5 Linsley St. This service is available by appointment for North Haven residents.
The following documentation must be brought at the time of your appointment:
- ASSETS: Most recent bank statements for every individual over the age of 18 living in the household. This includes checking, savings, credit union accounts, stocks, bonds, CDs and IRAs (if you are 59 ½ or older). Please note that ALL pages of the bank statement must be provided. Also please be prepared to explain any undefined deposits that are $100.00 or higher.
- INCOME: Last 4 weeks of any income documentation for every individual over the age of 18 living in the household (Including but not limited to: pay stubs, benefit verification letters for Social Security, SSI, and SSDI, unemployment benefit history, child support documentation, pension statement or IRS 1099 form)
- PENSION RECIPIENTS: All applicants receiving pensions MUST provide their most recent pension statement or their IRS 1099 Form.
- FOOD STAMPS RECIPIENTS: must provide a copy of a budget sheet. Please contact DSS to obtain this required document. You can acquire a copy of this by visiting the local DSS office at 50 Humphrey St., New Haven, creating and logging in to your online DSS account: https://connect.ct.gov/access. Any further questions regarding this budget sheet, contact DSS directly at: 855-626-6632. DSS Field office is open 8am-4:30pm.
- RENTERS WITH HEAT INCLUDED IN RENT: If heat is included in your rent payment, then please bring a copy of your lease.
- Most recent U.I. bill (required even if it is not your primary source of heat)
- *If you are a first time applicant, you must be prepared to provide names, social security numbers and dates of birth for all household members
For further explanation, to see if you qualify or to schedule your appointment, call Community Services at (203) 239-2566 from 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
First Selectman Freda Announces Bassett Road Bridge Over Interstate 91 Closure Effective July 10, 2017
First Selectman Michael J. Freda announced today that based upon information received from the State of Connecticut’s Department of Transportation (CT DOT), the bridge on Bassett Road over the southbound and northbound lanes of Interstate 91 will be closed starting on Monday, July 10, 2017. This bridge (identified as Bridge No. 03120) is being closed due to scheduled work needed and issues identified by the CT DOT's bridge inspection personnel.
As a result of several site meetings with the CT DOT, the Department of Public Works has been informed that the much needed repairs will be addressed and the estimated time to complete the work needed to replace the bridge would take approximately 120 days or conclude on November 7, 2017. “This is a critical infrastructure project for the State of Connecticut and residents and commuters are encouraged to seek alternate routes during the time of closure”, First Selectmen Freda stated.
The Office of the First Selectman and Department of Public Works through discussions with the CT DOT discussed the option to allow for a one-lane thoroughfare during construction. However, closing the bridge completely and working day and evening hours was the State’s most cost effective and time saving option.
The Department of Public Works through its Engineering Department is committed to working closely with the CT DOT during restoration of the Bassett Road Bridge to its original condition.
“The Department maintains an excellent working relationship with the CT DOT as well as associated State and local regulatory agencies and utilities; this should assist the Town with its regular communications to its residents and commuters alike during the construction phase of the project”, Town Engineer Jonathan Bodwell stated.
Further information on the Bassett Road Bridge over Interstate 91 may be obtained by contacting the Department of Public Works' Engineering Department at (203) 239-5321, extension 430.
SUBSTITUTE HOUSE BILL NO. 5150
Public act no.16-56
in accordance with the above act no. 16-86. Let it be known that the U.I. co. will be performing tree trimming/removal, as per their Vegetation Management Program for the calendar year 2017, on the following roads here in the Town of North Haven Ct.
Universal Dr. North
Dir. P.W. field Operations/Tree warden
The regular meeting of the Zoning Board of Appeals scheduled for October 19, 2017, has been cancelled. The next Zoning Board of Appeals meeting is scheduled for November 16, 2017 at the Mildred A. Wakeley Community and Recreation Center, 7 Linsley Street, in Room #1 at 7:30 PM.
13 Reasons Why: A Discussion for Parents
Julie Falcone and Trudi Hewell from the Parent Child Resource Center will be providing an educational forum about suicide in adolescence specifically related to the new released show on Netflix “13 Reasons Why". This program will be held at the North Haven Memorial Library, 17 Elm Street, North Haven, Wednesday, Nov. 8 at 7 p.m.
Board of Directors Meeting
October 18, 2017 10:00am
SCRCOG 127 Washington Ave