The City Clerk serves as Clerk to the City Commission, is the Chief Election Officer of the City, and exercises other powers and duties as provided by law. In conjunction with the City Manager's Office, the City Clerk is the primary point of contact for the public and staff in relation to the Mayor and City Commission members.
The City Clerk's Office maintains the following:
- Clerical support to the Mayor and City Commission.
- Prepares agendas and records minutes of City Commission meetings.
- City Ordinances.
- Prepares policies and implementation process as directed by City Commission.
- Licensing required by Ordinance: business registration, solicitors, peddlers, etc.
- Resolutions approved by the City Commission.
- Recording of legal documents.
- Conduct of elections in accordance with State and Federal Law.
- Voter registration records.
- Official City records.
- City Commission minutes
- Public Notices
- Receives nominating petitions for Mayor and Commission offices.
- Administers Oath of Office to City Officials and Commission/Board Members.
- Telephone system.
- Website information.