Parks & Playgrounds
Field Reservation Application Duvall Field
College Park is home to many tot lots, playgrounds and a variety of recreational facilities. The following are City-owned and maintained Tot Lots:
- Branchville playground, 4800 block Branchville Road
- Calvert Hills playground & athletic field, 4601 Calvert Road
- Crystal Springs playground, 37th Avenue
- Davis field playground, 5300 block Iroquois Street
- Duvall playground, 9100 Rhode Island Avenue
- Hollywood playground, 4800 block Hollywood Road & 48th Place
- James Adams Park, Berwyn House Road & Rhode Island Avenue
- Muskogee playground, 5100 block Muskogee St & Narragansett Parkway
- Old Town playground, Columbia Avenue
- The Mews playground, Catawba Street
Other recreational facilities and local attractions include:
- Lake Artemesia, Berwyn Road and 55th Avenue, College Park, MD, 301-627-7755.
- Duvall Field: A city-owned facility with athletic fields and a concession stand located at 9200 Rhode Island Avenue. For permit information, please click here.
- College Park Airport, 1909 Corporal Frank Scott Drive College Park, MD 20740, 301-864-5844, www.collegeparkairport.org/
- College Park Aviation Museum, 1985 Corporal Frank Scott Dr., College Park, MD 20740, 301-864-6029, www.collegeparkaviationmuseum.com
- Tennis Center at College Park, 5200 Paint Branch Parkway, College Park, MD 20740-3812, 301-779-8000, www.thetccp.com/
- Ellen Linson Swimming Pool (Summer), 5211 Paint Branch Parkway, College Park, MD 20740, 301-277-3717;
- Herbert Wells Ice Rink (Winter), 5211 Paint Branch Parkway, College Park, MD 20740, 301-277-3717.
- Acredale Dog Park, http://www.dogparkusa.com/maryland/college-park-dog-park-acredale-park
- College Park Community Center and Youth Soccer Complex, 5051 Pierce Avenue College Park, MD 20740, 301-441-2647
- Paint Branch Golf Complex and Training Center, 4690 University Blvd College Park, MD 20740-2071, 301-935-0330.
- College Park Youth Services Center, 4912 Nantucket, 301-345-4425
- Sunnyside Skate Park, 10110 Rhode Island Avenue, Beltsville, MD 20705
To locate other parks and recreational amenities in Prince George’s County, please check the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission “Find A Park”.
Activities and Events:
The City of College Park sponsors or participates in a variety of events throughout the year, including the following.
- Maryland Day is held on the last Saturday of April on the University of Maryland Campus. Find more information at www.marylandday.umd.edu/.
- Brunch with the Bunny at the College Park Community Center
- Annual Egg Hunt at the Youth and Family Services Building
- Bike To Work Day pit stop at City Hall
- Memorial Day observance at the Veterans Memorial
- Father’s Day Ice Cream Social
- College Park/University of Maryland 4th of July Celebration – Concert and Fireworks, Lot 1, University of Maryland campus
- Family Movie Night under the Stars – Duvall Field
- National Night Out – Neighborhood events are scheduled on the first Tuesday in August
- Police/Student/Community Social
- College Park Blues Festival at Ritchie Coliseum
- College Park Day
- Halloween Thing at the Youth and Family Services building
- Veterans Day Observance at the Veterans Memorial
- Breakfast with Santa at College Park Community Center
- Attick Towers Senior Holiday Party
- Family Ice Skating Event at Wells Ice Rink
- Family Bowling at AMF College Park
Additional Resources for College Park Cultural & Arts Opportunities:
College Park Arts Exchange: www.cpae.org
Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center on the University of Maryland Campus: www.claricesmithcenter.umd.edu